I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Navigating between Christian Liberty and Legalism
We are Saved by Faith in the Son of God; therefore we now live for him and not for ourselves (Romans 12:1-2).
Notes for today’s episode:
- Christians tend to error to one side or the other by taking either Christian Liberty or Legalism to an extreme. We are no longer bound by the law; however our Liberty in Christ is not a license to sin.
2 Corinthians 3:17
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty
Galatians 4:28-31/Galatians 5:1
- We are free from the Bondage of the Law for Salvation
Christian Liberty is not cheap
Freedom and Liberty is never cheap
Christian Liberty is:
- Freedom from the guilt of Sin
- Freedom from the Wrath of God
- Freedom from the Curse of the Law
- Freedom from the Bondage and Dominion of Sin
Christian Liberty is Not:
A License to Sin
We are not bound by the law
- The Law hasn’t been abolished
- Jesus is the end of the Law for Righteousness
- We aren’t declared righteous by following the Law