Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Once you know what the Armor of God is; What do you do with it?
The Christian has received the Armor of God to be Active in the service of the Lord, NOT Passive. Don’t be Passive or Idle in your Christianity, but rather be active and ready to serve.
Realize that potential threats are never as obvious as you think they will be:
- Ephesians 6:11 – (Wiles of the Devil)
- Galatians 2:4 –Crept in unawares
- Jude 4
Preparation doesn’t need to become paranoia:
- Psalm 127:1
- We don’t just prepare for disasters, but for opportunities as well
- Being ready is the logical response to inherent risk
Preparation in one area can overflow into other areas:
- 2 Timothy 3:12-17
- Romans 5:3
- 1 Peter 3:14-17
- John 16:33
- All of these passages tell us that trouble is coming
- Preparing for the trouble can lead to:
- Knowing the Scriptures – 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- Ready to witness – 1 Peter 3:15
Preparation is war:
- Ephesians 6:11-13
- 1 Peter 5:8-10
- Preparing is hard work. If it was easy everyone would do it
- The Skills to win the battle aren’t learned on the battlefield, but on the practice field.
Busyness isn’t the opposite of idleness:
- Ezekiel 16:49
- 2 Thessalonians 3:11
- 1 Timothy 5:13
Edmund Burke Quote: “He has nothing to prevent him but too much idleness, which, I have observed fills up a man’s time much more completely and leaves him less his own master, than any sort of employment whatsoever”.
- Can you Say IPhone?
Keep Moving – You lose what you don’t use:
- Philippians 3:1-14
- Paul was moving away from the old – Philippians 3:4-8
- Towards the Mark – Philippians 3:9-14
Put Duty over Self:
- Galatians 2:20 – Live for Christ
- Romans 14:7 – Don’t live for self
- 2 Corinthians 5:15
- Colossians 1:18 – He has the preeminence
- 1 Peter 4:2 – Live for the will of God
Don’t be passive or idle in your Christianity, but rather be active and ready to serve.
Was this article informative for you? Please share your comments or thoughts.