For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
– 2 Timothy 1:7
Fear Factor was a T.V. show that aired on NBC from 2001 to 2006 that pitted contestants against each other in a
variety of stunts (usually 3) to win a prize of $50,000. The show was divided into three segments or Stunts:
- First segment was usually a physical challenge, such as testing the contestants fear of heights by suspending them from a helicopter while collecting flags or something of that sort.
- The Second segment would be a Mental challenge, which could be either:
- an eating challenge, where the contestant would be required to eat something that would generally be considered as gross or disgusting. Live bugs were often used in this segment.
- or an Animal challenge, where the contestant would be either partially or completely covered by an animal, such as, snakes, ants, spiders, rats or something similar.
- The Third segment would usually be an extreme stunt, such as strapping into a car and jumping a ramp or something like that.
The episode would end with a winner and the statement “Evidently, Fear is not a factor for you”.
My hope is that at the conclusion of this Podcast, that you can say that Fear is not a factor for you.
If you allow it too, Fear will control you; The use of fear as a control technique has proven to be very successful. People will stand in line volunteering to give up any and all of their rights if fear is successfully employed.
If you are living in the Spirit of Fear, you are not exercising the Spirit of God in your life. 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God didn’t give us the Spirit of Fear:
- Isaiah 43:1
- John 14:27
- John 16:33
So who does?