For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
– 2 Timothy 1:7
Fear Factor was a T.V. show that aired on NBC from 2001 to 2006 that pitted contestants against each other in a
variety of stunts (usually 3) to win a prize of $50,000. The show was divided into three segments or Stunts:
- First segment was usually a physical challenge, such as testing the contestants fear of heights by suspending them from a helicopter while collecting flags or something of that sort.
- The Second segment would be a Mental challenge, which could be either:
- an eating challenge, where the contestant would be required to eat something that would generally be considered as gross or disgusting. Live bugs were often used in this segment.
- or an Animal challenge, where the contestant would be either partially or completely covered by an animal, such as, snakes, ants, spiders, rats or something similar.
- The Third segment would usually be an extreme stunt, such as strapping into a car and jumping a ramp or something like that.
The episode would end with a winner and the statement “Evidently, Fear is not a factor for you”.
My hope is that at the conclusion of this Podcast, that you can say that Fear is not a factor for you.
If you allow it too, Fear will control you; The use of fear as a control technique has proven to be very successful. People will stand in line volunteering to give up any and all of their rights if fear is successfully employed.
If you are living in the Spirit of Fear, you are not exercising the Spirit of God in your life. 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God didn’t give us the Spirit of Fear:
- Isaiah 43:1
- John 14:27
- John 16:33
So who does?
The title of the first Star Wars movie released in 1977. It opens up with the “good guys” being overtaken by the Evil Empire. The Empire had just developed a weapon that no one could combat. There was No Hope of surviving the destruction that this weapon (Death Star) would bring.
But then you see, that there is Hope. There is a way to defeat their adversary. There was a plan delivered and a way to obtain the victory. They now had:
A New Hope!
This film as all others is based on one of only a handful full of different themes that are found in the Bible:
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9
In this podcast we are looking at one of these themes:
- The Empire is represented by the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4). The weapon is sin; In the first four chapters of Romans, we see Man’s need for Salvation. That man is a sinner and under the wrath of God. We’ve Also seen that man can do nothing to battle this weapon.
Then God’s plan shows up! In Romans 4 we see how that God will impute his righteousness onto us by Continue reading A New Hope
Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall
drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
– Matthew 20:20-23
In this Podcast:
We will look at the Three things that every Mother can learn from the mother of James and John Zebedee:
- She wanted her children to be part of the Kingdom of God
- She wanted her children to be actively involved in the work of the Lord
- She had big expections for her children
What are Mothers?
- Mothers are Teachers
- Mothers are disciplinarians
- Mothers are Continue reading A Mothers Love
Eternal Security of the Believer
Having Assurance of your Salvation is critical if the Believer is going to be a productive member of the Body of Christ. Of course, to obtain Assurance of Salvation, you must first accept the free gift of salvation that is being offered to you through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.
The 4 C’s of Fellowship with God are as follows:
In our last lesson began to look at the Consequences of Fellowship:
Victory over the world.
Assurance of Salvation.
The first consequence is the knowledge that we now have victory over the world. Continue reading The 4 C’s of Fellowship with God (lesson #7)