And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out. – Genesis 37:7-12
In this Podcast:
- Potiphar is blessed for Joseph’s sake
- Joseph is tempted
- 3 responses to temptation
- The proper response of the believer when faced with trials
“And it was told Tamar, saying, Behold thy father in law goeth up to Timnath to shear his sheep.
And she put her widow’s garments off from her, and covered her with a vail, and wrapped herself, and sat in an open place, which is by the way to Timnath; for she saw that Shelah was grown, and she was not given unto him to wife.
When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.
And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?”
In this Podcast:
- Joseph sold into slavery and transported to Egypt
- How Judah received the inheritance of the First Born son even though he was fourth born
- The account of Judah and Tamar is not an insignificant story
- Satan continues his attempt to stop the Promised Seed of Genesis 3
- Even when we mess everything up, God’s promise stands sure
“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
In this Podcast:
- Introduction to the Life of Joseph
- Who are his Brothers
- Bad things happen
- All things work together for good.
- Struggle between Rachel and Leah
- Joseph’s Brothers Hated him
- 7 ways that Joseph is a Type of Christ in Genesis 37:1-4
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend. 1Co 8:9-13
In this Podcast, we discuss the fact that:
- We must put the welfare of others before ourselves
- It’s unnatural to put others first; therefore we need to have our minds renewed
- Liberty in Christ comes with Responsibilities
- How to please the Lord with our lives
- It’s about a relationship; not about rules